Tuesday, August 12, 2014

W.W.W. Wednesday- August 13

The lovely blogger over at Should Be Reading started this weekly meme to help us answer the following questions:

What are you currently reading:
  • Uglies by Scott Westerfield
Everybody gets to be supermodel gorgeous. What could be wrong with that?

Tally is about to turn sixteen, and she can't wait. Not for her license - for turning pretty. In Tally's world, your sixteenth birthday brings an operation that turns you from a repellent ugly into a stunningly attractive pretty and catapults you into a high-tech paradise where your only job is to have a really great time. In just a few weeks Tally will be there.

But Tally's new friend Shay isn't sure she wants to be pretty. She'd rather risk life on the outside. When Shay runs away, Tally learns about a whole new side of the pretty world and it isn't very pretty. The authorities offer Tally the worst choice she can imagine: find her friend and turn her in, or never turn pretty at all.

The choice Tally makes changes her world forever...

  • The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
The circus arrives without warning. No announcements precede it. It is simply there, when yesterday it was not. Within the black-and-white striped canvas tents is an utterly unique experience full of breathtaking amazements. It is called Le Cirque des Rêves, and it is only open at night.

But behind the scenes, a fierce competition is underway: a duel between two young magicians, Celia and Marco, who have been trained since childhood expressly for this purpose by their mercurial instructors. Unbeknownst to them both, this is a game in which only one can be left standing. Despite the high stakes, Celia and Marco soon tumble headfirst into love, setting off a domino effect of dangerous consequences, and leaving the lives of everyone, from the performers to the patrons, hanging in the balance.


What did you just finish reading:
  • The Young World by Chris Weitz
After a mysterious Sickness wipes out the rest of the population, the young survivors assemble into tightly run tribes. Jefferson, the reluctant leader of the Washington Square tribe, and Donna, the girl he's secretly in love with, have carved out a precarious existence among the chaos. But when another tribe member discovers a clue that may hold the cure to the Sickness, five teens set out on a life-altering road trip to save humankind.

The tribe exchanges gunfire with enemy gangs, escapes cults and militias, braves the wilds of the subway and Central Park...and discovers truths they could never have imagined.

  • The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

What do you think that you will read next:
  • I AM the Other by c/o Goodreads First Reads
 At 9:27, the brief message I AM Aaa ome interrupts the work of Sunshine Borden, designer of autonomous, self-programming software. He’s initially annoyed, but then wonders if his programs could have produced a cyberentity. He later discovers that the message appeared globally on all computers and communication devices connected to the World Net. Even top cybersecurity experts cannot determine the source. There is no trace.

As the world struggles to understand what is dubbed the I AM phenomenon, a series of mysterious laws appear. Governments are considering the possibility that I AM is an alien threat. Others are claiming direct contact with the entity, and there is even talk that I AM could be God. In the midst of increasing cultural turmoil, Sunshine Borden must face his own demons as I AM permeates the world. To add to the chaos, a psychopath with a face-altering mask is stalking and killing women. I AM the Other is a novel about the nature of reality, an unexplained mystery, unexpected love, transcendent spirituality, and a probable future that is right around the corner.

  • Delirium by Lauren Oliver
Ninety-five days, and then I'll be safe. I wonder whether the procedure will hurt. I want to get it over with. It's hard to be patient. It's hard not to be afraid while I'm still uncured, though so far the deliria hasn't touched me yet. Still, I worry. They say that in the old days, love drove people to madness. The deadliest of all deadly things: It kills you both when you have it and when you don't.

4 comments:

  1. Some amazing reads here, I loved The Night Circus, Delirium and Mara Dyer! My post is at www.bibliobeth.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know that so many people love those books! I was on the fence about Delirium but I am just going to read it.

      Delete
  2. I hope you enjoy The Night Circus. It is one of my favourite books! This is my first WWW! I think I have a review of The Night Circus on there somewhere too if you want a peek!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I will check out the review after I finish. I think that is one of those books you don't want to know too much about before you just dive into it!

      Delete