Monday, August 4, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday- Books That I Would Recommend: Twisted tales

This week the lovely people over at The Broke and the Bookish are asking us to list out our top ten books that we would recommend to people in any genre that we choose. I have decided to pick books that are based on fairy tales or stories and giving special emphasis to those with a supernatural twist.

Just like the last few weeks the main discussion with be in v-log form but I have provided a written list with a short little blurb explaining the reasoning. First seven are ones that I currently own and the last three are ones that I have either read and do not own or have not read yet.



1) The Lunar Chronicles series- books that put a spin on fairy tales are awesome and these have a sci-fi twist that rocks my world.

2) Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Graham Smith- a book that takes the classic Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin and throws in some walking dead type action.

3) Once by Cameron Dokey- a collection of stories that are based on Disney fairytales. Have not read this one yet but looks awesome. Also has another book Kiss.

4) Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter by Seth Graham Smith- take some historical fiction add in some vampires and you got yourself a winner.

5) The Secret History of Elizabeth Tudor Vampire Slayer- historical fiction takes on the vampires in this awesome tale of one of history's most prominent figures.

6) Modern Faerie Tales by Holly Black- I am sucker for stories that involve fairies so this series is right up my alley.

7) The White Rabbit Chronicles by Gena Showalter- Alice in Wonderland retelling with a zombie apocalypse twist? Count me in!

8) Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine- a lovely book about what happens after 'happily ever after'

9) Robin Hood & Friar Lock: Zombie Killers by Paul A. Freeman- Robin Hood... zombies... what is there not to like?

10) The War of the Worlds by H. G. Wells- gotta include the classics people.


8 comments:

  1. Love the Lunar Chronicles! They made my list today as well....find out way here Book Hangovers Blabs Books ;)
    I need to check out #6! Love Holly Black!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Big HUGS xoxo
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am such a fan of the Lunar Chronicles. I need Winter to be published like yesterday!

      Delete
  2. Great topic! I really love twisted fairy tales. I think it is a special kind of writing magic when an author can take a used, and cliche story and turn it into something new and exciting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! I just love a good twist on a well-known story.

      Delete
  3. Awesome awesome, luuurve that you decided to feature twisted fairy tales this week because I just adore them as well! Ella Enchanted is an all-time fave for me and The Lunar Chronicles rock my world too!! I have never read any of Seth Graham Smith's books, but they've been on my tbr for a long while, because they just sound like a ton of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am such a huge fan of twisted fairy tales that it is ridiculous. I cannot wait until Winter comes out in 2015. It is just so far away!!!!!!!

      Delete
  4. You have the most epic list subject. I love the Lunar Chronicles and Ella Enchanted, but I haven't read too many of the others. I may have to start finding some of these, because I absolutely love fairy tales.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like to think that my epicness level is pretty high just on a normal day. You should definitely check out these books! They are just so freaking good!!!!!!

      Delete