Monday, August 11, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday- Books I am not Sure I Want to Read

Hey guys!

Every week the lovely ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish Blog give us a pre-determined topic to list our top ten books. This week the topic is Top 10 Books that I am not sure that I want to read. Now I put my own spin on this and listed out the top 10 books that I currently own but am not sure that I really want to read now. Whether that is because of some very unfortunate spoilers or just a whole bunch of negative reviews. So without further ado here is my list:

1) Allegiant by Veronica Roth- I am not ready to get my heart pulled out of my chest.  Darn people who spoiled me!

2) Beautiful Creatures by Margaret Stohl and Cami Garcia- I have heard mixed reviews about this series but not many people just love it. Makes me nervous to try the series.

3) Matched by Allie Condle- Again I have heard such mixed reviews that I am hesitant about this series even though I own all three books.

4) Requiem by Lauren Oliver- I have heard good things about Delirium and Pandemonium but apparently the last book is a non- end type of thing. I hate open-ended endings!

5) Twilight by Stephanie Meyer- I feel like I should re-read this series due to the fact that public shaming and horrible acting have ruined what I though might have been love for this series.

6) The Lord of the Rings Trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien- I have read and love the Hobbit but I just don't think I could make myself sit down and read such massive books.

7) Legend by Marie Lu- Another one of those series that gets so many mixed reviews I am just not sure if I want to be disappointed by a book.

8) Fallen by Lauren Kate- Most specifically Rapture which I have heard has an infuriating ending.

9) The Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead- Some people love it, some people hate it, some people hated it but then loved it. I am just not sure that it is my kind of book. I have heard you just have to suffer through the first book but then they get so much better after that.

10) Foundling by Robert Cornish- Bought this book because it looked interesting but I am just not sure that it something that I want to read. I have so many books on my TBR shelves  which I am dying to read that I just can't bring myself to pick this one up.

Honorable Mention: the Hush Hush series- another series where not too many people have positive things to say about it.
 
Thanks for reading and let me know what you think in the comments.

8 comments:

  1. Emma, you should give Legend by Marie Lu a try! It is one the best dystopian books out there that I have encountered in a while; the story is marvelous although it can drag on a little, but once you get sucked into the story, you just feel like you want to keep reading on forever! :D

    Also, the Vampire Academy series is a must-read. (don't listen to the them. The first book was awesome :D) If you feel iffy about the series, then I suggest borrowing the first book and see how you feel about it! The characters are easy to love, the dialogues witty and humorous! For me, this series was remarkable and I would recommend it! :)

    -Kat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad to hear that about Legend. I was looking forward to getting to read that book. I already own the 1st, 3rd, and 4th book in the series and I was hoping to just marathon the series so I won't lose interest. As I am prone to do.

      Delete
  2. I didn't like Delirium at all, so I definitely won't be picking up the sequels anytime soon. I'm on the fence about Legend, too.
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's pretty much the consensus. People either love or have no real love loss for it. Hopefully I will love it. Considering that I paid cash money for this book.

      Delete
  3. Oh Legend is a much hated book of mine. The cover and printed pages were so pretty--unfortunately the content was not.
    Twilight, I still love because it was unique--no matter what the world believes.
    Lord of the Rings--truly epic, well written and so so interesting. A lot is going on and it makes me think the author is a super hero or on crack. Worth the time investment.
    Allegiant was well written and worth the read even if you know an important spoiler. The author respected her characters and it was a worthwhile end to a series unlike many other weird endings out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad to hear that Allegiant is good. I have heard that it is a slow read and of course I have been spoiled. I did love Twilight when I first read it, I think I have just been influenced by the haters. Glad to know that Lord of the Rings will be worth the hours of reading time that I would be putting into this series.

      Delete
  4. All the Twilight haters have taken a toll on my love for the series. It may have been the movies' fault too! :) I'm with you about Allegiant! I am so not going there anymore. The Vampire Academy series did not interest me at all. I tried the first book and never even went beyond the first few chapters. As for the Lord of the Rings, I am content with re-watching the movie trilogy :) Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I just hate spoilers, why you gotta ruin the book for me? I really do want to try to re-read Twilight and maybe that will change my view towards these books.

      Delete