Every week the lovely ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish Blog give us a pre-determined topic to list our top ten books. This week the topic is Top 10 Books that I am not sure that I want to read. Now I put my own spin on this and listed out the top 10 books that I currently own but am not sure that I really want to read now. Whether that is because of some very unfortunate spoilers or just a whole bunch of negative reviews. So without further ado here is my list:
1) Allegiant by Veronica Roth- I am not ready to get my heart pulled out of my chest. Darn people who spoiled me!
2) Beautiful Creatures by Margaret Stohl and Cami Garcia- I have heard mixed reviews about this series but not many people just love it. Makes me nervous to try the series.
3) Matched by Allie Condle- Again I have heard such mixed reviews that I am hesitant about this series even though I own all three books.
4) Requiem by Lauren Oliver- I have heard good things about Delirium and Pandemonium but apparently the last book is a non- end type of thing. I hate open-ended endings!
5) Twilight by Stephanie Meyer- I feel like I should re-read this series due to the fact that public shaming and horrible acting have ruined what I though might have been love for this series.
6) The Lord of the Rings Trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien- I have read and love the Hobbit but I just don't think I could make myself sit down and read such massive books.
7) Legend by Marie Lu- Another one of those series that gets so many mixed reviews I am just not sure if I want to be disappointed by a book.
8) Fallen by Lauren Kate- Most specifically Rapture which I have heard has an infuriating ending.
9) The Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead- Some people love it, some people hate it, some people hated it but then loved it. I am just not sure that it is my kind of book. I have heard you just have to suffer through the first book but then they get so much better after that.
10) Foundling by Robert Cornish- Bought this book because it looked interesting but I am just not sure that it something that I want to read. I have so many books on my TBR shelves which I am dying to read that I just can't bring myself to pick this one up.
Honorable Mention: the Hush Hush series- another series where not too many people have positive things to say about it.
Thanks for reading and let me know what you think in the comments.