Monday, August 25, 2014

Top 10 Tuesday- Books That I Want to Read but Don't Yet Own

Hey guys!

Every week the lovely ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish Blog give us a pre-determined topic to list our top ten books. This week the topic is Top 10 Books that You Want to Read but Do Not Yet Own. So, without further ado here is my list:

First of all I want to say that this list is much longer than just 10 books and I would like to call out my bank account for not being vast enough to accommodate my book-buying habit. I blame that fact that I need food, gas, and somewhere to live as the reason why I can't have all the books.

Books that I need to complete my series (well some of my series):

1) Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
2) City of Heavenly Fire by  Cassandra Clare
3) Sinner by Maggie Stiefvater
4) Cress by Marissa Meyer
5) The rest of the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas
6) A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin (I only own the second book in this series)
7) The rest of the Shadow and Bone series by Leigh Bardugo (I only own the first one)
8) Shadow kiss, Last Sacrifice, Bloodlines, The Indigo Spell, The Fiery Heart, The Golden Lilly by Richelle Mead
9) The Iron Queen, The Iron Prince, Talon, The Forever Song, The Iron Knight, The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa
10) Prodigy and Champion by Marie Lu

Books that I just need:

1) Shakespeare After All by Marjorie Garber
2) The adult books by J.K. Rowling
3) The Fault in Our Stars, Paper Towns, An Abundance of Katherine's, and Let it Snow by John Green
4) Leviathan series by Scott Westerfield
5) The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
6) Of Metal and Wishes by Sarah Fine
7) Black Heart and The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black

8) The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith
9) Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me by Mindy Kaling
10) Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch

Again this only scratches the surface. I am sure that I could make a top ten books in ever single category (excluding romance) and I would still not be able to get in every single book that I currently want to own!

6 comments:

  1. Love the Throne of Glass series. I wasn't all that impressed with City of Heavenly Fire, for as big as it is, not a lot actually happened. I do think Clare's two new series sound fun, but I might just borrow them instead of buying them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am kind of hesitant to finish the Mortal Instruments series. I love the first three books but City of Fallen Angels just did not impress me too much but so far City of Lost Souls is somewhat better so maybe it will get better.

      Delete
  2. Don't worry, I didn't stick to 10 books either! :)

    Throne of Glass is probably one of my favorite series ever. I also really really liked Cress, best book yet in The Lunar Chronicles.

    Kay @ It's a Book Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I am so glad I just need to break down and buy the freaking book already.

      Delete
  3. Rowling's adult books are great! I own them all.
    If you haven't read Mindy Kaling's book yet, I recommend the audiobook. She reads it herself. It's excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heh, yeah pretty sure my list would be much longer than 10 books. Curse our limited bank accounts!! One day when we're rich we will own ALL THE PRETTIES on our shelves. That would be heaven.

    ReplyDelete