Wednesday, July 9, 2014

W.W.W. Wednesday: July 9


The lovely blogger over at Should Be Reading started this weekly meme to help us answer the following questions:

What are you currently reading?
It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini: Summary- Ambitious New York City teenager Craig Gilner is determined to succeed at life- which means getting into the right high school to get into the right college to get the right job. But once Craig aces his way into Manhattan's Executive Pre-Professional High School, the pressure becomes unbearable. He stops eating and sleeping until, one night, he nearly kills himself. Craig's suicidal episode gets him checked into a mental hospital, where his new neighbors include a transsexual sex addict, a girl who has scarred her own face with scissors, and the self-elected President Armelio. There, Craig is finally able to confront the sources of his anxiety.

What did you recently finish reading?
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

see the review here

What do you think you'll read next?
Cherub: The Recruit by Robert Muchamore
Contact by Laurisa Reyes

I am so behind on reading my Netgalley stuff and review them for you guys.

6 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to read Fangirl for a long time, but just haven't gotten to it. My Wednesday list is here https://alenaslife.wordpress.com/2014/07/09/w-w-w-wednesday-books-past-present-future/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should read that book! Oh my goodness the feels!

      Delete
  2. Funny Story is on my TBR list--in fact, I had it checked out from the library at one time but had to return it before I got to it.
    I really liked Fangirl--nearly as much as Eleanor & Park!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far Funny Story is very interesting! I needed a completely different book to get me out of my Fangirl hangover. I really really want to read Eleanor and Park so that will have to be next on my list.

      Delete
  3. I'm reading It's Kind Of A Funny Story soon. I'm looking forward to it! I hope you enjoy your books! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! So far i am really enjoying it.

      Delete