Sunday, July 13, 2014

Week in Review July 6-13

I thought that this would be a good way to keep you guys up to date on what I have been reading as well as some non-bookish stuff.

What have I been reading?

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini

What have I reviewed?

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

What books have I bought?

Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith
Infamous by Sherrilyn Kenyon (Chronicles of Nick #2) 
Carnival of Souls by Melissa Marr
Dreamquake by Elizabeth Knox (Dreamhunter Duet #2)
The Selection by Kierra Cass (The Selection #1)
The Magician by Michael Scott (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel #2) 
Clash of Kings by George R. R. Martin (Song of Fire and Ice #2)
Be More Chill by Ned Vizzini

Beastly by Alex Flinn (Beastly #1)
The Luxe by Anna Goberson (The Luxe #1)
So Yesterday by Scott Westerfield
Rot and Ruin by Jonathon Maberry (Benny Imura #1)
I am the Messenger by Marcus Zusak

It was a stressful week and I needed some retail therapy people! Also Books a Million has a ridiculously good sale going on right now as does Second & Charles (for those of you who have one in your area).

So I said that I would not buy the second book in a series until I had finished the first... well about that. So I definitely bought the second book in A Game of Thrones series before I read or even the first. As well as Infamous and I currently own almost every book by Scott Westerfield along with several other authors which I have never read their work. It's a problem. One from which I see no recovery in the near future. OH well!

What has been going on in the work world?

I have a part-time job as a research assistant in neuroscience (in addition to a full-time job) and we have a deadline which is fast approaching. It's very exciting but very stressful and time-consuming. Which is why my reading pace has suffered greatly.

What has been going on in my personal life?

I went with some friends to a Birmingham Barons Baseball Game and it was an incredible amount of fun. In addition to getting to hang out with my friends I also got $0.50 hot dogs. So you know that I had like 4 in one sitting. Plus a pretzel with cheese and mustard. It's a problem but one which I am happy to have.  

Other than that just trying to save up money for graduate school and squeezing some fun out of life while I still have some money. In a few weeks I am planning on taking a trip with my little sisters to Atlanta, Georgia for the day and I also have a Harry Potter themed party to crash dressed as Bellatrix Lestrange. Then in August I am planning on a visit to my old college stomping grounds to visit some friends. And of course I am going to buy school supplies in August and plan on making a video to show you all what I got and so I can have people share in my love of school supplies. Also I am going to have to buy another bookshelf. It's a problem.

You tube video of the week:

OH my goodness! This video is just perfection.

Book tube video of the week:

I have been watching the videos for the book tuber Little Book Owl and I just can't get enough. I need her hair and her accent. Hope you guys enjoy.

Funny little antidote of the week:
 
A little humor and a little bit of a Harry Potter reference. Can't go wrong with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment