Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday- Snow Like Ashes

The lovely blog Breaking the Spine hosts a weekly meme called Waiting on Wednesday which allows us to showcase a book that we can not wait to be released

Author: Sara Raasch
Publication Date: 10/14/2014

Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)

Summary Via Goodreads: Sixteen years ago the Kingdom of Winter was conquered and its citizens enslaved, leaving them without magic or a monarch. Now, the Winterians’ only hope for freedom is the eight survivors who managed to escape, and who have been waiting for the opportunity to steal back Winter’s magic and rebuild the kingdom ever since.

Orphaned as an infant during Winter’s defeat, Meira has lived her whole life as a refugee, raised by the Winterians’ general, Sir. Training to be a warrior—and desperately in love with her best friend, and future king, Mather — she would do anything to help her kingdom rise to power again.

So when scouts discover the location of the ancient locket that can restore Winter’s magic, Meira decides to go after it herself. Finally, she’s scaling towers, fighting enemy soldiers, and serving her kingdom just as she’s always dreamed she would. But the mission doesn’t go as planned, and Meira soon finds herself thrust into a world of evil magic and dangerous politics – and ultimately comes to realize that her destiny is not, never has been, her own.


Why I want it: Because it just sounds awesome. I have read a lot of comments about the book and hopefully the fear will not be true that it is overhyped and will not live up to the expectation. But come on, I mean have you seen the cover? Beautiful! The story just intrigues me and I love to read authors that I haven't read anything from before. It's kind of like finding a new friend. But, why do I have to wait so long? Why?

10 comments:

  1. It does sound awesome, and has a pretty amazing cover, too. :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! Such a beautiful cover.

      Delete
  2. I really really hope this one hasn't been too overhyped, as well. It sucks when that happens. But I still really want to read it because man, does it sound good! But yeah, it feels like we have been waiting for this one for forever!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does! My sister and I were just commenting on how fast we will both be at the bookstore come October to get our hands on this little gem.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hopefully it will live up to the cover. I can't see how something that sounds so awesome could be bad.

      Delete
  4. This looks like an amazing read. I hope you love it when you get it.

    Grace @Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I just want it in my hot little hands right now!

      Delete
  5. Can't wait for this one, too! There has been a lot of hype around it *fingers crossed* it'll live up to it. The cover is amazing though!

    Alma @ Journey Through Fiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Hopefully it will not be overhyped and be just as awesome as it promises to be.

      Delete