Thursday, July 3, 2014

Treat Yo Self Thursday- The End Games

The lovely blog No Money 4 Books has started a weekly meme called Treat Yo Self Thursday where you can share a book that you have treated yourself to this week. While I am currently on a hiatus this week because well Friday is pay day and pay day=books. I will share a book that I treated myself to last week and one which I am very excited about.

The End GamesAuthor: T. Michael Martin
Pages: 369
Publisher: Harper Collins
Publication Date: 5/7/2013
Standalone or Series:
Source: Bought from Second and Charles
Price: $7


Summary taken from Goodreads:
 It happened on Halloween.

The world ended.

And a dangerous Game brought it back to life.


Seventeen-year-old Michael and his five-year-old brother, Patrick, have been battling monsters in The Game for weeks.

In the rural mountains of West Virginia, armed with only their rifle and their love for each other, the brothers follow Instructions from the mysterious Game Master. They spend their days searching for survivors, their nights fighting endless hordes of “Bellows”—creatures that roam the dark, roaring for flesh. And at this Game, Michael and Patrick are very good.

But The Game is changing.

The Bellows are evolving.

The Game Master is leading Michael and Patrick to other survivors—survivors who don’t play by the rules.

And the brothers will never be the same.

T. Michael Martin’s debut novel is a transcendent thriller filled with electrifying action, searing emotional insight, and unexpected romance.


Why I bought the book: I usually try to keep my books under the $5 price point so to break my rule I really have to want the book. And I really wanted this book! I have heard some really great things about it from other book bloggers and it spiked my interest. I am hoping that the book lives up to the expectation that I have in my head.

It looks like it has all of the working of a book that I normally look for. Interesting cover (yes, I do judge a book by it's cover), creepiness factor, post-apocalyptic, some sort of game involved, and creatures that want to hunt you. So think The Hunger Games and The Maze Runner but with a lot of creepiness thrown in.

4 comments:

  1. Just found your blog. I've had this one on my to-read list. New follower!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really can't wait to read this book!

      Delete
  2. This one looks awesome! Creepy but exciting. I'll be looking forward to your review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully it will live up to the hype. Creepy book are usually a pretty fast read and very exciting so here's to hoping that it does not take me to long.

      Delete