Monday, July 28, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday-Authors I Own the Most Books From

I decided that this was another good post to v-log. So just like last week I have posted a list below with the name of the author and the number of books that I own. If you want to see which ones though you have to watch. I am not cataloging all of that.

 


1) William Shakespeare- too many to count. I own all of his plays and sonnets. Edgar Allen Poe- too many to count. I own all of his poetry and short stories.

2) Scott Westerfeld- 10

3) J.K. Rowling- 8

4) Cassandra Clare- 8 and I need to get City of Heavenly Fire to make 9

5) C.S. Lewis- 7 

6) James Dashner- 5

7) Holly Black- 4 currently however there are more out there which I will one day own.

8) Lois Lowry- 4

9) Michael Grant- 4 currently however there are two more books in the series which I am working on getting so in the end it will be more like 6 books.

10) Michael Scott- 4 currently but there are 6 books in the Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series.

Honorable mentions:
I am also collecting books by Julie Kagawa and hope to own all of her books because I am loving the Iron Fey trilogy.

Garth Nix- I currently only own Lirael but am planning on collecting the rest of the series.

George R.R. Martin- I only own A Clash of Kings but am planning on owning and reading the rest of the series.

Sarah J. Maas- I currently own none of her books but will one day. I just have to wait for them to go on sale.

10 comments:

  1. J.K. Rowling and Cassandra Clare made my list too (at the very top actually). I wish I owned a collection of Edgar Allan Poe's stories and poems!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised that J.K. Rowling was not at the top of my list. Harry Potter fan fail! The book was just so super cheap I couldn't not pick it up.

      Delete
  2. +JMJ+

    I have a lot of Shakespeare, too, but because most of them are in one big volume, I didn't even think of him when I was putting my Tenner together!

    Do your seven C.S. Lewis books happen to be The Chronicles of Narnia? ;-) I'm not even a Lewis fan, but he made my list because of that set. It made me wonder whether books in a series should be counted as one--to make things fairer for those who write stand-alones! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The C.S. Lewis books are The Chronicles of Narnia. I also wondered if series should be counted as one but since most of my books are series and I don't own many standalones I decided to make them separate. Otherwise my post would not have been very entertaining.

      Delete
  3. Awesome list!

    Check out my blog as well. Maybe even hit the follow button? It'd be greatly appreciated! http://bundles-of-books.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I will be sure to check out your blog. :)

      Delete
  4. I forgot about my collection of Shakespeare!
    Great list.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was unsure of whether to add the Shakespeare and Edgar Allen Poe because it is technically just one physical book.

      Delete
  5. Completely lost my comment from before...Anyway, SHAKESPEARE! How could I have forgotten about him? I have a heap of his plays too. Like, four volumes of his complete works and four or five copies of his major plays. My family and I used to read them out loud, so we used to collect a heap of used plays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just adore Shakespeare! I love to go and see his plays live. It just adds so much more than when you just read it. So glad to meet a fellow Shakespeare enthusiast!

      Delete